- On July 27, 2016
About the Foundation
The First Community Foundation of First Community Church was established in 1954 to honor the 20th anniversary and the work of Senior Minister Dr. Roy A. Burkhart. His vision was to create a community in service, with the resources to address needs for building the role of God’s love in the world.
In 1961, the Foundation became a separate non-profit organization from the Church with its own Board of Trustees, appointed by the Church Governing Board. The two Boards work together to support the missions and ministries of the Church, in particular those areas not covered by the Church’s operating budget or special capital campaigns.
The Foundation celebrated its Diamond Anniversary in 2014. Its assets have grown from $136,663 in 1964 to more than $7 million in more than 100 funds.
Gifts to the Foundation are professionally managed.